Where do we draw the line?
Fashion sustainability is a complex issue – it’s nearly impossible to wear a 100% sustainable garment - unless you're naked.
Handy tips on how to be sustainable:
- Consume less, use what you have
- Upcycle old garments that you no longer wear
- Choose garments made using organic or recycled fabrics
- Wear hemp and bamboo fabrics
- Borrow outfits from friends
- Swap clothes with friends
- Choose garments made in fair working conditions or accredited by ECA
- If you're unsure if a company is manufacturing ethically and sustainably, write to them and ask
- Choose classic cuts over fast fashion fads
- Take care of your clothes, wash on cold
Join us at the next Undress runway show and learn more about sustainable fashion. Check out our favourite sustainable designers.